Help advice needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Starting building below DPC with what I thought were 7N fibolite, just got back from Jewsons and now been told they delivered wrong things (3.5N). I know I should have checked but blocks were wet and the strip of colour not visible. Are the 3.5Ns still ok, dont want to knock it down! Plus floor in place.

Sponsored Links
Going to be very careful what we say here.
Whilst we know that Plasmor Fibolite 7.3N can be used below ground we are not sure about 3.6N.
We use Plasmor Stranlite 7.3N below ground and Plasmor state that only Stranlite 7.3N can be used below ground and not 3.6N.
Whilst the shear strength of Fibolite and Stranlite are the same the density of Stranlite is nearly twice the density of Fibolite.
Would suggest that you phone Plasmor technical department.
Would be interested in what they say.
Regards oldun

NHBC suggests a 7.3 block.

Approved document A suggests that a 3.5 block may be suitable if the extension is less than 2.7m high

Either way, a 3.5N block should not be exposed to frost - ie at least 225mm below ground level on the external leaf

The BCO probably wont notice though

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back