help and advice needed please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bit of a long story but the more information you have the more chance i have of someone advising me ( I hope). I have 2 problems. Ok - i wanted to redecorate my bedroom so i stripped the wall paper off. As per usual some of the old emulsion came off some didnt so i rubbed it all down until smooth then gave it 2 thin mist coats to seal bare plaster. Problem 1 - Just over a year on the emulsion has started to crack then bubble and come away from the wall. The white mist coat is still visible on the wall - what have i done wrong? I started to take of the paint and do it again but i am having terrible trouble as some of the top emulsion has stuck fast. can i rubber down edges - but what do i do then? Problem 2 - when i stripped wall paper i discovered mould patches on the wall. I got rid of them (or i thought i did) but where the mould patches were the paint has discoloured - the paint isnt coming of on the patches. The reason for the mold was poor ventilation which has been sorted out. But what do i do with these - if i just paint over them i think the marks will return. Should i use some Zinsser stain blocker??
Please can anyone advise?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back