Help: Bulge In Wall... Urgent Please.

Sponsored Links
I have my doubts on a solid wall, they usually have a row of headers every five courses or so and I can't see them on the photo.

If you open a window and measure a solid wall is 8" plus any rendering or plaster on the inside, so no more than 10" whereas a cavity wall is minimum 10" before you add plaster into the equation.

Sponsored Links
You could be right, it resembles a Flemish Garden Wall bond as apposed to an English Garden Wall bond which is normal.

You could be right, it resembles a Flemish Garden Wall bond as apposed to an English Garden Wall bond which is normal.

Its a Victorian terrace. It will be solid walls one brick thick.

None of the bonds you mention are normal, and these properties will be built of different bonds in different areas

BTW, Flemish garden wall bond is one header to three stretchers on every course, not one course of flemish every three courses

Its a Victorian terrace. It will be solid walls one brick thick.

None of the bonds you mention are normal, and these properties will be built of different bonds in different areas

BTW, Flemish garden wall bond is one header to three stretchers on every course, not one course of flemish every three courses

Thats why I said it "RESEMBLES"

One brick thick? do you mean 4" or 8"

I think its a solid wall as the house were built in 1910. Any similar options for solid walls?

No! Wall ties are for connecting the two walls together for strength, they're not used on solid walls, the only other advice I can think of involves a Catapiller D8. :confused:

The bond is known as Flemish Stretcher bond, or American with Flemish in the States.

The bond is known as Flemish Stretcher bond, or American with Flemish in the States.

How can you remember that? Its years since I did my course, the last site I was on was the DAS office block down in Welsh Back, Bristol 1989

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back