Help! Call a plumber! Oh... I are one!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Even plumbers get floods...

Just spent 2 hours mopping up 2" of water in our kitchen :cautious:

Water supplier must have sent out a pressure spike this morning ;) and the flexi hose to my kitchen sink didn't like it!

It's also the only bit of plumbing in my house that I didn't do... My dad did it because the missus got fed up waiting for me to have the time to do it :oops:

The dog enjoyed it though - first thing she did was lay down in it! :)

Sponsored Links
Have you got BG's boiler/pipe/drain insurance cover Pet cover. ?

Not with BG, but we do have cover. Most of the kitchen base units will have sucked up enough water to make a mess of them!

Here's the culprit...
image.jpeg

Just noticed the state of the other hose! Will be having words with dad later :cautious:

Sponsored Links
I've had several go, none were kinked or twisted either. Looks like the braiding failed, and then the rubber liner ballooned through until it split. Taken them all out now and piped direct, like in the good old days. Fortunately they all went whilst we were at home, sometimes using the tap it was fitted to.

That why I don't like DIYer's flexis.

Only proper plumber's copper!

Don't worry.... Flooded my kitchen twice..... Although SWMBO only knows of one ;)

:ROFLMAO: Thanks Dan (& empathetic others).
Know what! I was fairly pragmatic about it all this morning during the mop up, until the missus decided to ask me, right then, what she should do about an offer she'd had on an eBay item she was selling!
Talk about f'ing priorities o_O:confused:.
I responded in an appropriate manner :whistle:

I've had several go, none were kinked or twisted either. Looks like the braiding failed, and then the rubber liner ballooned through until it split. Taken them all out now and piped direct, like in the good old days. Fortunately they all went whilst we were at home, sometimes using the tap it was fitted to.

Yep. My diagnosis too. Although I've never had one go before... Now I'm thinking of how many I've put in :eek::notworthy:

That why I don't like DIYer's flexis.

Only proper plumber's copper!

Tony: flexis came built in with the tap (non serviceable); that came with the kitchen, over 10 years ago.

Dilalio, you are wrong to use the fitted hoses, take a leaf out of Tony's book, replace the flexy with copper tails(y)

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back