Help changing doorbell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know it's supposed to be simple! But I just can't work it out.

So I had this:

MESiTh.jpg

And I want to replace it with this:

d69uWk.jpg

But I can't for the life of me figure out how to connect it up. Can anyone help!

Sponsored Links
This is a bit of a guess so you will need to verify. But I think the supply goes to the door bell and then to the door push so since the door push only breaks one wire you need a terminal to link the other wires. So picture one the wires going to 1 look as if they are just connected to each other so would go into a connector block and wires going to 0F and T3 would go to 1 and 2 on new door bell.

Do note old door bell would work 8 to 16 volt AC or 6 volt DC and new one it seems is 8 to 12 volt AC as far as I can see unlikely that is a DC voltage. So you need to check the supply matches the new bell. Also the ding or ding dong bell often uses a lot of power it states one amp where the electronic door bell often uses very little power so again you need to check.

I think they are both ding-dongs.

The upper one has two black metal bars, one at each side of the casing, and the new one has a solenoid which I think goes up for the ding and falls down for the dong, when a bell cover is fitted.

op, does the old bell still work; is it still connected; can you lay your hands on a multimeter? Is there a diagram inside the cover of the old one?

Terminals OF and T3 are the coil of the old chime. The red and yellow wires to these go to the terminals in the new chime. Terminal 1 is being used as a convenient spare terminal to join the blue and black wires. You will need to supply a terminal block to join these in the new chime. They do NOT connect to anything in the new chime.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back