Help Choosing a Toilet and other sanitary ware

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI All

Choosing toilet, wash hand basin (with under basing storage), shower tray and shower doors for two quite small bathrooms.

I see a huge range in price of toilets, which appear to be not much different aesthetically.

Any tips or even brand names in sanitary ware to choose or indeed avoid?

Looking for good quality stuff, but not designer range

Thanks

Sponsored Links
A good & extensive mid range is Roca. Nicely glazed potery & keeps its looks. Ideal Standard is another one to consider.

Avoid the Sheds, very poor quality & you'd never get a replacement if you should break something.

A good & extensive mid range is Roca. Nicely glazed potery & keeps its looks. Ideal Standard is another one to consider.

Avoid the Sheds, very poor quality & you'd never get a replacement if you should break something.

thanks, that's very helpful. We were thinking of ordering Grohe taps (from a German website). I guess I can just order them in and give them to my plumber (in other words, the fittings are standard in Europe?)

Cheers

Ebay. Buy all my gear from there and fit at a reasonable price. Taps are taps, toilets/basins are all china wherever you go. Don`t be taken in by brand names. Anything more complex like thermostatic showers etc are a little different.

Sponsored Links
Ebay. Buy all my gear from there and fit at a reasonable price. Taps are taps, toilets/basins are all china wherever you go. Don`t be taken in by brand names. Anything more complex like thermostatic showers etc are a little different.

'All china wherever you go'....complete ******!! So you're saying Vilroy Bosch is the same quality as any old shyte from anywhere. You mate are talking rubbish!! Course cowboy or handyman chancer eh??!!

What a load of b*ll8cks.

Poor finish on sanitary fittings, oval spigots, wastes so badly formed it's impossible to get a seal, baths so thin you can see daylight through them, taps with no spares available - cheap job and onto the next one
or buy/supply decent kit and have a satisfied customer and a quality installation.

there a big difference my friend , and sometimes the designer carp is next to useless as well. places like bth'store and victor'a plumbing sometimes do some shocking shyte and diabolical back up for spares .

there a big difference my friend , and sometimes the designer carp is next to useless as well. places like bth'store and victor'a plumbing sometimes do some shocking shyte and diabolical back up for spares .
Totally agree AGAsS the High Street stuff is imported cr.p.
At least the OP is taking proper advice & not just buying that rubbish. Vilroy Bosch is lovely Ware. No skid marks on the WC & lovely glaze.

Ebay. Buy all my gear from there and fit at a reasonable price. Taps are taps, toilets/basins are all china wherever you go. Don`t be taken in by brand names.

We all know what Puller is like and treat him as such, however I feel you must be the forum Joker.

OP, far too many horror stories about buying bathroom stuff online and dealing with missing bits, returns & refunds, please don`t do it. If you are employing somebody to fit it all then ask and listen to them within your budget.

or let the customer buy all the sanitryware and if anything wrong its their problem to sort replacement and no guarantee provided and charge accordingly for time wasted .:)

We completely refurbished our house and we bought all our bathroom fittings from better bathrooms and they were brilliant on price and customer service . We had a shower screen shatter whilst being installed and they exchanged it without quibble.
We bought Bristan taps because we wanted to get spares easily with a quality tap, again we are pleased with them and I'm glad we didn't just buy a unknown make.
My only advice would be to get a toilet cistern that can hold a good amount of water for the flush or you will have to flush the toilet twice to get ride of solid waste.

Mike

We all know what Puller is like and treat him as such

Helpful, very knowledgeable & very experienced??!!

So, would you take advice from someone with vast experience of all aspects of the Plumbing & Central Heating game or the Google Warriors, Handymen & Chancers that polute this forum?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back