HELP: FOCALPOINT FLUELESS GAS FIRES

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking of purchasing a flue less gas fire, but have been given conflicting information. Some people are advising not to use them as they are a heath hazard as well as problems with ignition.

Grateful for some advice and whether anyone has a flue less fire installed and what they think of it.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Properly installed and maintained, not a problem.

Unfortunately, these things are probably never serviced or even visually examined from one year to the next, the big hole in the wall for the essential ventilation is blocked up, and they then emit invisible poisonous gas into the room where people are more than likely sleeping on a sofa.

As these things are useless for heating anything, might as well get a Dimplex Opti-myst electric one.

the most important question you need to answer is why are you buying it?
Is it just for show or are you expecting to use it to heat the room? if its the later then forget it. If its the former, then you can start looking at the other pros and cons.

any other make i would say ok FOCALSHITE i would avoid like the plague! cheap nasty appliances put together by multinationals for a company that doesn't give a hoot for customer service the IDEAL Boilers of the fire world!
is that clear enough what I and many others think of the company and its poorly constructed rubbish!

Sponsored Links
With intelligent siting of the vent, and a little luck, they are very effective. The drawback IS the vent, and careful siting is paramount. I sometimes suggest fitting the vent BEFORE investing in the fire. That way if a draught is impossible to live with, then you can block it off. Unfortunately that approach only works in the winter! I have a lot of happy fluless clients.

BUT avoid focal point. Look at the T&C's for the warranty. it is frightful.

any other make i would say ok FOCALSHITE i would avoid like the plague! cheap nasty appliances put together by multinationals for a company that doesn't give a hoot for customer service the IDEAL Boilers of the fire world!
is that clear enough what I and many others think of the company and its poorly constructed rubbish!

GOOD to see you are ok recommending fitting all other FLUELESS gas fires-- bar -focal joint fires.

THANK YOU KEV.

Jesus - is your life so devoid of merit you spend it trawling ancient threads on these abortions.

Why not spend the time getting anew keyboard or at least fixing your CAPS LOCK key?

I feel it needs to be made clear a few points regarding draughts which seems to be a concern to old school plumbers regrregarding flueless gas fires.
Unfortunately plumbers have NEVER been on a course that informs people about ''AIR FLOW''.
Too lazy to go on such a course or just too old to accept change ?

Draughts ? well- it is hard to pump air into a already filled up room . GOT IT ?.
Air only flows into a room that has the capacity to accommodate the new air .
Plumbers just cant figure that bit out.
CANT put 5 gallons into a tank/room that only holds 3 gallons.
No capacity for extra air- no draught.

WhyOH why cant plumbers figure that out ?.
F G Fires are the most efficient form of heating . Secondary heating I add.
Electric heating is efficient too. But -AT A COST .

I rest my case .

Properly installed by a gas reg should be quite safe!

But as many already know a 14 y.o. girl and her dog were killed when the installer failed to measure the power input of the fire and that particular unit had been sent out of the factory incorectly set.

Aftewr a few months the cayalyst became poisoned and unable to oxidise all of the carbon monoxide and the family failed to notice that anything was wrong.

Tony

But as many already know a 14 y.o. girl and her dog were killed when the installer failed to measure the power input of the fire and that particular unit had been sent out of the factory incorectly set.

Aftewr a few months the cayalyst became poisoned and unable to oxidise all of the carbon monoxide and the family failed to notice that anything was wrong.

Tony

Play another tune buddy .
old tunes resonate of excuses- with no facts.
Read the facts before you comment .

Especially on cats .

Says the prat that keeps resurrecting old threads.

Fancy answering the questions you avoided in the other thread?

No?

Thought not.

So how many courses on air flow have you been on?

Play another tune buddy .
old tunes resonate of excuses- with no facts.
Read the facts before you comment .

Especially on cats .

Clearly Peter Perfection, like all builders, is an expert on every aspect of plumbing and gas work. ( But a master of n... )

Its a pity that before talking about Flueless Gas Fires he does not bother to become Gas Registered himself !

what kind of twat is PP, no one is interested in your crap about flueless fires, why you have to keep trolling the forum to find posts to spout on about I have no idea, you know nothing about anything, you are just a sad lonely old man that has no friends & no one loves, so just go away

Tony

I really can't beleive anyone is feeding the PP!

BUT Tony, the catalyst wasn't "poisoned". The fire was very quickly sooted, and behaved in the same way that any non room sealed appliance would. And I spent lots of days just desooting boilers, in my BG days.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back