HELP !! how do i change element in my oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can any one tell me how to change main oven bottom element in my oven or even tell me if its accessed from front or rear the oven is Kenwood ck 440 range THANKS

Sponsored Links
Is this BI/BU or F/standing
The chances are it can be removed from the front, if you can see it (sometimes they can be under a panel).
If you can see the element, then you can probably see a screw, undo it.
Ensure the POWER IS OFF.
Remove the element carefully as you do not want to damge the wires.
If you cannot see any screws then you will probably have to remove the re panel.
This should be a DIY job...ENSURE THE POWER IS OFF

thanks Diyisfun its free standing but bottom element seems completely enclosed so i guess access is from back wot do you think THANKS

Sponsored Links
I think you will need to get the back.
Ensure the POWER IS OFF
Remove the back panels, ensure you dont lose any of the earthing star washers. When you refit DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN.
Remove or fold back the insulation with care.
Remove the connectors from the element with pliers, ensure you do not damage, the wire may have gone brittle.

If you are 100% happy, you could order the element in advance, otherwise you will have to replace the back whilst you wait for the new element.

Good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back