Help Installing Nest Gen 3 with Vailant eco tech plus 637

Us boiler engineers usually go to a breakdown the same day if we are called before 12 pm.

I expect to get about 90% of the boilers I visit going again.

Little advantage to have multiple boilers just because of possible faults. I advise that most boilers get a genuine fault once every three years. Of course that excludes user generated faults like not keeping the pressure topped up.

If the heat requirement is greater than a standard boiler of say 36 kW then there is an argument for multiple boilers. But in that case they are best controlled in a proper cascade system, so only one operates most of the time.

Sounds like a real pig's ear of controls you have there.

Tony

Sponsored Links
You shouldn't really be taking the front case off your boiler as it forms the room seal and should only be removed and refitted by a Gas Safe Registered engineer...

Be aware that in our definition you have been doing illegal gas work on your boiler.

Its arguable that some of the replies here have contravened forum rules as we are not meant to give advice encouraging DIY repairs which compromise gas safety.

Tony

Guys I did get a gas safe engineer to replace the blown board and check the boiler was all working fine. I wasnt comfortable doing it myself. However wiring nest is not hard if you are good with wiring. I still dont have a answer for wiring the second zone up

Got another question. I have wired up both Ground and First floor. The Second floor has a room stat in the hall way and doesn't have a programmer. It would work when the first floor programmer was switched on for heating. Can I split the heating call to the boiler or should I not do this. So basically loop "3" on the nest link first floor to the nest link second floor. I have 3x nest, how do I wire up the last nest?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back