Help me identify room stat wire? Nest

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm trying to install my Nest thermostat by replacing my LP112 controller. I'm a bit worried and don't want to send 240v to the wall plate. Can anyone help me identify which cables head to the current room stat from the attached diagram?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_0247.PNG
    IMG_0247.PNG
    355.7 KB · Views: 332
Sponsored Links
None of them - the cable you need will be inside your wiring centre in your airing cupboard

Sponsored Links
Its starting to get ridiculous....

More posts about sodding Nests and Hives than we have Tony giving pricing advice. Its not as if the wiring diagrams are hard to follow.

Not wasting time dude - but there are sooo many threads about fitting these. Very very few are genuinely unusual or new... Take a look through hte last 3 pages of the forum and see.

I'm just being extra grumpy this evening.

Not wasting time dude - but there are sooo many threads about fitting these. Very very few are genuinely unusual or new... Take a look through hte last 3 pages of the forum and see.

I'm just being extra grumpy this evening.

Same here since I've been pestered no less than twice today by BG regards getting Hive installed even though I've repeataedly told them I don't want the god forsaken useless things

Totally understand.. I've watched about 30 videos and looked at loads of wiring diagrams. I'm fairly confident with wiring etc but I suppose I don't really know what type of system I have (Y? S?) so I know I'm looking at the right diagram

Y plan looking @ that backplate...then again it could be an S plan that utilises a MOMO valve for HW.:)

The flex that carries the wires connected to 3, 4 and Earth.....can you show us a picture of it, plus at the other end where it is connected into the wiring centre.

A pic of the wiring at the back of the room thermostat would also be useful.

There are much cheaper items readily available which do the same job apart from connecting to a phone (normal programmers, timers, thermostats etc)

Hi Jackthom.. thanks for the help. I have attached the pictures you asked for. I hope they are clear. The wire centre in the loft is a real mess in terms of being able to identify anything. The flex pictured going into the controller has a blue wire cut off.

I have a pro booked on for Wednesday (£90!!) but I'm hoping to not have to spend this!

I bought this as I travel a lot throughout the week and it's too much of a chew on changing the hot water timer for the times I'm away.

Attachments

• IMG_8098.JPG
    IMG_8098.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_8088.JPG
    IMG_8088.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_8095.JPG
    IMG_8095.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 274

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back