Help me re design rear garden

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Been in my house 11 yrs and children have grown up here.
That means my garden has been redesigned 4 times so far from grass, shingle, play areas, sheds, you name it.

Now they don't play in the garden so i want it back.

Happy with grass and paved area in general but definitely want to get rid of decked area in front of metal shed (which is staying).

Will likely keep decking adjacent to conservatory but treat with non slip treatment.

Rip out decking and what - more grass?

Garden is a bit of a mis-match so trying to make it a bit more uniform.

Any ideas welcome

Sponsored Links
Which direction/orientation is south? Or in other words, where in the garden does the sun fall during the day?

I would ask what do you want to use your garden for first?

South is the long fence side where both decking areas are.

Want garden with a bit of grass, happy for same area to be left, but issues are with decked area in front of metal shed and possibly reducing decked area outside conservatory to a smaller size.

Want relatively low maintenance, don't do much in the rear garden these days, just want it to look nice through the window from inside.

Was thinking to make a pergola over smaller decked area adjacent to conservatory, then incorporating some sleepers into the design for replacing the other decked area.

Sponsored Links
Personally I would rip out the old decking on front of your shed and replace it with slabs,, much easier to clean and looks good!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back