Help!! Multikwik into cast Soil pipe leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have fitted the Multikwik MKEP110 to a cast pipe and there is a small leak....... this is all above the water level and the only water that could travel through this part is rain water, the converter is fitted just below the loft, so a small amont of rain water is making it leak...it is around the rubber push fit end that fits into the cast pipe, ive taken it out again and it is not damaged.

The inside of the cast pipe is rough as they all are, so this cant be the problem...has anyone had this before? should I have fitted the rubber into the cast with some sort of silicone/lubricant/something!

Please advise......

Many thanks

Darren

Sponsored Links
what pulling the rubber of the part...fitting the rubber, then the part. I just pushed the whole unit fully home. then fitted the 110 plastic to the other end....

no lubricant then?

I have the link for that page.....is there anything else I have to look out for please.

Darren

they used to supply a sachet of lube :confused: Fairy liquid is good ;)

Sponsored Links
If it's in place then ok - they don't usually leak. :confused: I suppose I'd clean it all up then put it in with silicone as a lubricant/sealer, then.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back