HELP! My boiler isnt firing up and i cant find my user manua

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, im new to all this and not really sure how all this works...
I have a Potterton Netaheat Profile Boiler its sparking but not firing up. My dad said theres a button (something about a pilot light) and to hold the button in for a certain time and it should sort it out...
Firstly, im holding in a button on the bottom...not sure if thats right and secondly how long do i hold it for?? and lastly do i do it with the heating on or off???
Help...i have two babies and dont want a cold house for the night!!!
Thanks in advance
Cara

Sponsored Links
If its sparking then pressing the overheat button will have no effect.You have a gas related fault and I apologise but no one on here will give you any advice on how to fix it as these boilers need expert attention due to the inherrent dangers of DIY gas repairs.Meddling will put your family at risk.Call a registered gas engineer.

1st your dad is wrong this boiler does not have a permanent pilot ignition is automatic you say you can hear it sparking but not lighting up?
1) Check the Gas is turned on every where if you have a card meter is there credit on it does the display read ON?

2) get an Engineer in to diagnose fault on boiler. ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys....i suppose ill be getting in a qualified plumber! I wont touch it but thanks so much for your help. Appreciate it loads...extra layers tonight me thinks!!

Cara

well FYI im not an engineer im not even a plumber

im a pipe fitter

ex half these so called engineers are wearing silly badges :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

rant over

don't mess with it it's a positive pressure boiler (dangerous if disturbed) bit like me ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back