Help need ...... Endon reading light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just been given the above light but the glass has fallen out and I cannot get it to stay back in, the metal plate the hole is bigger than the glass so it just keeps falling through was it originally glued in place?

How hard to take picture with both hands being used!! With tongue!

Sorry uploaded upside down[/img]

Sponsored Links
Looks like those two CSK screws may have restrained a metal clip that held the glass disc in place?

Not sure, the person who gave to me said nothing has come off, could I buy a clip? Saying that all the screws are different so don"t know what"s going on with it? Any ideas? Thanks for your reply

Agree with securespark. You could make a couple of clips and use any of the screws; they are just thin metal with a hole for the screw and about 12mm long by 5 wide. Not so neat but workable would be a pair of washers.
What you must not do is use the lamp without the glass as those lamps give off a lot of UV and by definition are close to the eyes in use

Sponsored Links
Thanks for reply, after hours of searching I think they are turnbutton clips used in picture framing, looks quite similar to the Wikipedia pic, any thoughts?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back