Help need to revive old UVPC windows as can't replace...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm new to this forum buisness & with just moving into a new house I am in need of some good advice,

How do I sort out the UVPC windows, they are in a right ole state, I would say they have never been cleaned.
It is a council house therefore I don't really want to replace them myself & the council have flatly refused so any ideas on how I can bring them back to life & looking half decent will be much appricated...
Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
There are numerous cleaners out there, all which work to some degree.....a cheapo one is the No Nonsense one from Screwfix.
Other than that, try a cream cleanser such as Jif or Flash or something.
Avoid any solvent types at this stage.
Personally I use a traffic film cleasing solution from the motor trade - it really depends on how bad your pvc actually is!
John :)

T-Cut that you would use on your car will clean it up a treat. You'll need a fair bit of elbow grease tho.

I''ve been doing some serious digging about this as I don't want to be having to deal with scummy windows ever again... and i've come across a company called Everbrite Coatings and i've looked on there website and i've found a kit specifically designed to clean & protect all types of windows frames - being a bit of an optimist i'm going to give them a call before I order but looking at what the website claims it does I may be on to a winner here.
Any one ever used or heard of any of there products...

Sponsored Links
If it sounds too good to be true Claire then it probably is.....
I would imagine this is simply a deep cleansing agent (i.e strong soap with some sort of abrasive) followed by some sort of polish.
I'd like to see the results of this in a few months time :p
John :)

Burnerman is right about Traffic Film Remover. Dilute it about 10:1 in a spraybottle and use a 'bathbrite' sponge fron Wilkinsons. Wash it off afterwards though, because it can stain the glass if left to dry. Finish with T-Cut and car wax polish.

I took the plung and after a lengthy conversation with there operations manager very nice man.. I brought the window kit and i must say with what I have done so far I am very impress and would highly recommend this to anyone who wouyld like there UVPC windows to look like new again.. Not sure if your allowed to post links so I will just tell you that if you want to purchase look up Everbrite Coatings UK on google and you can find them.
Do hope people find this helpfull when looking to restore old instead of replace.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back