Help needed for ceiling repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a leak last year from my hot water tank in the loft that flooded through the bedroom ceiling. The tank is fully repaired but I now want to get the ceiling fixed. I have several long cracks along the ceiling and I have gently pulled away some of the (what I presume is) plaster and it looks beyond repair. Do I need to get all the existing plaster on the ceiling removed and then replastered? Is this 3-4mm layer actually plaster? I want to know what I'm talking about when I phone up for quotes and would like to know what I actually need done as I would like to get a proper job done. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Depends on the severity of damage and the size of the affected area

If it's not a massive area say 1-2 sqm then might get away with cutting the bad section out re board that section patch in and re skim the whole ceiling
Or it may need to all be overboarded

A good spread will be able to advise you when they call it really does depend on the extent of the damage

For example what might just look like a crack to the average joe could actually be a sodden sagging loose board

I'm waffling a bit but I know what I mean :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back