Help needed in France

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:D

Hello everyone,
I'm not sure if this is allowed on this forum so forgive me if I am breaking the rules but we are in the process of restoring an old house in the armagnac region of South West France
where we hope to run small organic food cooperative with art workshops and alternative health centre with meditation facilities and good food and accommodation in the countryside ... away from the pressures of modern living.

We are working on a very limited budget so I a wondered if any qualified electrician might be interested in free food and accommodation in France in return for some help?

If anyone is interested I would love to hear from you.
Rebecca

Sponsored Links
not interested, but it would be somewhat useful if we actually knew what was to be done

the other thing is, you would need an electrician that knows French wiring practices

Thanks for your replies Andrew and Breezer
:oops:
Yes ... Of course you are right the electrician would have to know about French regulations ... But I can get some information on French systems and rules before anyone started. My French is OK ( not perfect) but I would think we could manage. Also there are very good DIY shops where they sell all the equipment and give advice and plans etc.

It is an old house which was once two properties ( there are two fuse boxes) Some of the wiring looks newish and pretty good but some of it is a bit scary! It has been uninhabited for about six months I think and I assume everything was working somehow or other up until then. I can't say what needs to be done the 'expert' would have to decide when he ( or she) sees whats there.

Breezer ... you sent me a link to a French site a few months back ... I was thinking of mailing there but have decided to ask here first.
Thanks again
Rebecca

Sponsored Links
I think FWL wired a french house to british standards once, and it passed a french inspection, with the french rolling their eyes at how over engineered it was.

I saw that when I was new to the site and was reading through a lot of old posts

Back