help needed - Part2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I saw the Valliant cylinder unwrapped and noticed that it came with an expansion vessel.
I also noticed that previous contractor also ordered Altecnic Reflex 24L Robokit Extra, another vessel.
My plumber appears to suggest that previous guy did not know what he was doing as we only need one expansion vessel?
Over to the helpful experts.
cheers

Sponsored Links
sounds like your engineer doesn't know what he is on about, the reflex extra is for heating systems which is seperate to the hot water cylinder which will have a vessel suitable for potable water.
So the altecnic is most likely for your heating system.

also your system boiler only comes with a 10ltr expansion vessel built in which probably wont be adequate for your system, which is why the original engineer probably ordered a additional one.

This extra expansion vessel will be to supplement the expansion vessel in your system boiler. As the one in your boiler is only 10 litres it is not sufficient for larger systems.

Sponsored Links
Where do these muppets come from? And how do they stay in business? FFS.

I guess above statement sums it all up! I am getting nervous again, i was quite comfortable with what i read in the part 1 about this muppet but now ????

BTW would it be possible for someone explain where the outdoor sensor should be located (a pic?), bit concerned that he will just place it anywhere he finds it easy.

ideally a north westerly facing wall and away from direct sunlight.

BTW would it be possible for someone explain where the outdoor sensor should be located (a pic?), bit concerned that he will just place it anywhere he finds it easy.
north facing wall, out of direct sunlight

Ha, deja vous again! I think deans a quicker typer than me :mrgreen:

Thanks for sorting out the wall guys, hope the muppet gets it right.
Now what do i tell the muppet about the expension vessel, he thinks that expansion vessel inside the boiler is sufficient and we dont need it, is there a harm if insist that he install the expension vessel bought by previous muppet?

undersized expansion vessels can lead to premature failure of the expansion vessel itself not cheap considering vaillants internal vessel is over £100, will also put the system under undue stress and increase wear and tear of components and the likely hood of leaks on the system from weak points such as spindles on rad valves, auto air vents ect.
These are just some of the reasons, a good "rule of thumb" is to allow 1ltr for every kw when sizing a veesel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back