Help - Old Myson Apollo Fanfare 30/50Si - Intermittent running

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The boiler runs for a while without fault before cutting out and not restarting for some time. Sometimes this might be a couple of hours.

It gets to the stage where the fan should run, and it doesn't!

I've tried to run through the fault-finding flow chart in the manual, but nothing conclusive because it's so intermittent. I've tried a link between L and CH ON (bypassing any pre-boiler wiring / demand problems), I thought this had cracked it because the boiler fired up, but unfortunately this was probably because it had cooled down?! Back to square one!

I've tried with the 3-way switch (high/low/off) bypassed, still not joy. Also put a wire across the Hi thermostat to eliminate that. Could it be the air pressure switch, overheat cutoff switch, or do they only affect ignition after the fan has started. Just trying to get the logic right in my head......can anyone help?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You'll find that this may go into talking gas and it's not allowed on this forum I know you want to sort out a problem but when you talk boilers it invariably gets round to gas

Sorry. Didn't know this was not allowed. If it helps, when the boiler is working there are no problems with the gas side. I'm pretty sure it's an electrical fault but the fault-finding page in the instructions doesn't give much incite into the logic of the system.

Sponsored Links
Thanks. If anyone would like to comment on the problem, I can confirm I will not be doing any work on the boiler myself. I'll leave that to a professional, but I'd still like to understand the problem for my self.
Appreciate any thoughts?

Thanks. If anyone would like to comment on the problem, I can confirm I will not be doing any work on the boiler myself. I'll leave that to a professional, but I'd still like to understand the problem for my self.
Appreciate any thoughts?
I'm sure the 'professional' will answer any questions you may have when he attends , such a simple boiler.

If only all 'professionals' were as clued-up as their title would suggest? There are many threads on here where parts have be replaced to no avail, I thought it'd be a good idea to learn a little. Doesn't sound such a bad idea to me?.....simple boiler or not.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back