Help Permitted Building and Sloping Garden

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Last year i started finally tidying up our garden and putting up a new office at the bottom of the garden.

At the time no one had any complaints or queries but the about september last year the neighbour to the rear of us started having issues saying it was too tall and they were going to contact the council.

Anyways some things happened meaning that work stopped in the garden until today when we returned after hearing nothing further from them or the council.

So the problem is that there garden is about 3' lower than our due to slped so the new building when measured from our garden is less than 2.5m but on there side is likely more i've not been able to meaue it or have they told me an exact figure.

I'm sure that I'm in the right here just looking for a bit of advise on how to handle this.

Thanks

Andrew

Sponsored Links
So the problem is that there garden is about 3' lower than our due to slped so the new building when measured from our garden is less than 2.5m but on there side is likely more i've not been able to meaue it or have they told me an exact figure.

I'm no mathematical genius, but if your garden is approx. 3' higher, then I would say the height of your building from their side would be approx. 3.1m?

If your property has Permitted Development rights, then you can erect an outbuilding providing it complies with the following...

http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/permission/commonprojects/outbuildings/

The dimensions stated are from your side in which the proposal relates, not a neighbours site/property.

If the works are within PD guidelines, then you do not require Planning. You can choose to obtain a Lawful Development Certificate confirming the works are PD, but it's not essential.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back