Help! Permitted Development Orders

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help appreciated. I am selling my house and the buyer's solicitor is asking for Permitted Development Orders (I'm not yet sure in respect of what and have asked for more detail).

What is a permitted development order and do I need to provide one?

The circumstances are:

It's a two bedroom terraced house in a conservation area. In terms of improvements/ alterations:

- the lounge/ diner were knocked through into one room (as is typical in many old properties). This was done I believe many years ago - and certainly a long time before we moved here in 2005

- we replaced the double glazing. (We have a FENSA certificate for this)

- we took the kitchen door off

- we put a new boiler in

Sponsored Links
Help appreciated. I am selling my house and the buyer's solicitor is asking for Permitted Development Orders (I'm not yet sure in respect of what and have asked for more detail).

What is a permitted development order and do I need to provide one?

The circumstances are:

It's a two bedroom terraced house in a conservation area. In terms of improvements/ alterations:

- the lounge/ diner were knocked through into one room (as is typical in many old properties). This was done I believe many years ago - and certainly a long time before we moved here in 2005

- we replaced the double glazing. (We have a FENSA certificate for this)

- we took the kitchen door off

- we put a new boiler in

No such thing as a 'permitted development order'. The buyer's solicitor needs to be far more specific - he clearly doesn't know what he is talking about.

FWIW; If the structural alteration was done before you moved in, your solicitor didn't raise the issue, so why is it an issue now? If you can't be specific about the time it was done, you can't apply for a regularization from Building Control, so it should not be an issue now.

With a FENSA cert., you should be OK for the windows;

removing a door is not a problem (unless you have made the means of escape worse by doing so);

the boiler needs a certificate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back