Help please wiring the connector block in my PIR sensor.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I replaced a faulty PIR sensor and was sure I noted down all the correct connections but it keeps tripping whenever the sensor goes off so I guess I messed it up.

I have four cables running in to the sensor each with L /N / E

I don't know which cable comes from where.

The connector block has L L' E & N

There are two lights that work off the sensor and also a switch that either puts the lights always on or back in sensor mode.

I swear when I replaced it during the daytime it was all working fine but come night time one of the lights wasn't coming on so the next day I checked the wiring in the sensor and noticed some loose connections which I re-tightened up after which it kept tripping so maybe I messed it up.

Just now I managed to get one of the lights to come on again by either disconnecting one of the wires or swapping I can't remember but my last configuration keeps tripping so I've given up and come here for help
Here are the instructions:

Many Thanks
9ak1.jpg

Sponsored Links
You need to determine which each cable does.

For example, one cable may be the L and N feed,
two cables may be the two lights,
one cable may be the switch.

or

two cables the L and N feed,
one cable serving both the lights,

or

something else.

Your original notes of how it was wired would be useful for us to see, and so would a photo of the wires, and a photo of inside the switch.

Did any of the wires have red or brown sleeving over them?

You need to determine which each cable does.

For example, one cable may be the L and N feed,
two cables may be the two lights,

or

two cables the L and N feed,
one cable serving both the lights,

or

something else.

Your original notes of how it was wired would be useful for us to see, and so would a photo of the wires, and a photo of inside the switch.

Did any of the wires have red or brown sleeving over them?

Thanks for your quick response.
As luck would have it a neighbour of mine who is developing his house has an electrician friend on site who came to have a look.
It turns out that the earth and live cable running from the sensor to one of the lights were touching which was causing my problem.
I had in fact wired the PIR sensor correctly and have no idea how my problem could have occurred but it's sorted now.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back