HELP PLS!: Query on existing plumbing in my home

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

My home (3 bed semi- built 1930s) central heating runs off a baxi back-boiler. All heating system was installed late 80s/ early 90s. The back-boiler is serviced by British Gas yearly and it is in really good condition

My Question is, as i am replacing my whole bathroom suite in a few weeks;
1) Do I at this stage change the heating system to a combi boiler now or when I come to extend the rear of the house (single storey) next year :D

2) If I do wait installing a new combi boiler until I extend the house next year, will I need to replace the heating pipes in my new bathroom at that point in time? or are these pipes & others fitted in every room of my home (fitted around late 80s/ early 90s) okay to use on a new combi system

Please note: The current bathroom shower runs off a pump

Cheers

Sponsored Links
My home (3 bed semi- built 1930s) central heating runs off a baxi back-boiler. All heating system was installed late 80s/ early 90s. The back-boiler is serviced by British Gas yearly and it is in really good condition

yeah well :confused: :confused:

1) Do I at this stage change the heating system to a combi boiler now or when I come to extend the rear of the house (single storey) next year icon_biggrin.gif

why a combi :?:

2) If I do wait installing a new combi boiler until I extend the house next year, will I need to replace the heating pipes in my new bathroom at that point in time? or are these pipes & others fitted in every room of my home (fitted around late 80s/ early 90s) okay to use on a new combi system

yup they should be ok

Please note: The current bathroom shower runs off a pump

not if you fit a combi unless you want stored water as well can be done :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back