Help Power shower not working (No power or water flow)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I moved in a building and inherited the shower from the previous owner. Unfortunately I don't know the model apart from it's Triton.

The shower uses hot water from the boiler and cold from a tank in the loft.

Everything's fine until a day it won't stop (Both water flow and power) . I could still adjust the temperature and water flow but couldn't stop water running through the head even the control is on the off position.

I had to turn off the switch from the side and decided to open the front face to have a look (a bad choice) ... Without any joy after half an hour's inspection, I Put the face back in place. The power's not even on!! (it's a manual one with no indicating lights so the only way to tell whether it's on and off is from the noise) Not it just sits there quietly :confused:

I contacted local parts supplier for a solenoid as this seems like the main fault according to other people's suggestions, but they can't tell me which to buy because I'm not sure about the model.

Any Suggestions will be very much appreciated..

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
that is just know as a triton thermostatic power shower.
have you a pic of the inside ?

now whats happening your post is a bit confusing ?
is it the water won't shut off ?

I'll try to post a inside pic.

Initially the shower wouldn't turn off. After I opened up the face and put it back it died completely.. I did nothing though.

sounds like time for a multi meter.
checked the main fuse board hasn't tripped the shower fuse
has your isolation switch/pull cord got a neon ?

sure you aligned the cog up again ?

sounds like time for a multi meter.
checked the main fuse board hasn't tripped the shower fuse
has your isolation switch/pull cord got a neon ?

sure you aligned the cog up again ?

Isolation switch is fine. no trips on the main fuse board..Will test the solenoid today:(

The only thing I did when opened the front is I turned the cog (the grey thing in the bottom of the picture) Can it be the reason that the shower stopped completely?

I finally find a model that has exactly the same inside look as mine.

By testing using a multimeter I think the issue is the link pin to connect the gear part to PCB unit. So I'll get a link pin and see whether there'll b any luck. The question is do I need to get a gear as well in this case?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back