Help re tech diagram for built-under double oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
Ask us an ELECTRICAL question and you may get an informed opinion!

My GUESS is that the width can be up to 10mm more than 560mm but nothing less than 560mm.

You may be better asking Bosch or in the CARPENTRY FORUM

My GUESS is that the width can be up to 10mm more than 560mm but nothing less than 560mm.
That guess is correct.

Avoiding all of the measurements, the oven will fit into a standard 600mm oven housing, as found in the majority of kitchens.

Bosch ovens are very well made....but I would also add from personal experience Bosch kitchen appliances are the hardest to fit. Whether it be oven, dishwasher, washing machine. The opening you put it in must be absolutely clear....no sockets or water pipes running across the back wall otherwise you got a job on your hands

Sponsored Links
I don't get the +10 bit -
is this air gap?
No
Basically, how big a gap do I need?
Between 460mm and 470mm, so the appliance can be fitted, anything smaller, it will not get in, anything larger and the fixing screws will not secure to the housing side panels and you will also have a nasty looking gap at the edges of the oven door or if excessively large, the oven will just slide straight back to the wall.

It will be designed for a 600mm wide cabinet (hence being slightly narrower on the front, so it doesn't hit cupboards of drawers next to it), so when you deduct the 2x 18mm side panels of the cabinet, you get 564mm - perfect. Or if you have a super cheapy kitchen the cabinets may only have 15mm panels, so the gap would be 570mm - still acceptable for the oven.

The brackets that fit under Bosch ovens can be fun to get right- they are cold bent metal, and are not always a perfect 90degree angle, so you may need to adjust them up or down to get a level fit!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back