Help replacing kitchen tap, current flexi tails with iso valves ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am a newbie at plumbing so forgive me if I am asking a daft question.

I have new tap to replace old one and it comes with the standard flexi tails. I thought this would be a straight forward swap but when I got into the cupboard to start loosening they looked different. So stopped and jumped on here for a bit of help!

Here is whats going on at the moment;

and the new tails;

I started to loosen one then realised hmm this isnt right I dont think!? Can anyone help me out here with what I need to do, to make this work?

Much thanks !

Sponsored Links
yup you need to ether re-use the tails that are there if they are the same size or remove them and install 2 of these -

ae235

Your new tails will attach to the male end of those. You won't have isolators after it though.

Alternatively if you wish isolators, the ideal job would be to remove your current flexi tails, install 2 isolator valves on the ends of the pipe, add these to the other end of the iso valve
14081.jpg

and then fix the flexi tails onto them.

Oh and re-orientate the supply pipes so there are no kinks in the flexi pipes!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back