Help required with radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Gents, just thought I would update you. Remeber this thread? After much messing around, getting covered in boss and random pieces of hemp everywhere, I finally have a none leaking radiator Can't thank you enough for your advice and your assistance. It has been fantastic. I'll stick with the "old ways" in future.

Only one more problem to solve now When I refilled & bled the system one of the rads stayed cold. Unusual as this is normally the first to get hot and it had worked prior to my messing with this rad. Assuming I had an air trap or some gunk in this rad, I heated the system up, turned off the pump, closed the return valve on the rad (as this one is at the bottom of the system) and let the water run through until the rad got hot. This fixed the problem and this and all the other radiators worked a treat. However a couple of days (and several bleeds) later the radiator at the top of the house is stone cold ;-( I tried the same trick again, got about half a bucket out of this rad before the feed pipe got hot, the radiator seemed to take ages to get even a bit warm but finally got to a reasonable temperature. The next day I found it stone cold again and it seems to be stuck this way. I've repeated the let the water out a couple of times on this one and still no joy. Any suggestions? (Don't know if it makes any odds, however under normal circumstances, this radiator is one that warms slightly when the heating is off but the hot water is on)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back