Help/Thoughts for a retaining wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm new on here and to be honest here in deperation, seeing as when we ask builders to come and look at this wall we have got they look at it measure it up comment that you can't get a digger round and are never seen or heard of again :eek:
so all your thoughts are more than welcome as to the best way of approaching it and if your in the Burnley area pm me and come and see it for yourselves :p

Now the size of the wall is some 8mtr total length by just over 1.25mtr high it's currently made of what appear to be reclaimed stone blocks and for those who are keen with the eye there are no foundations :eek:
One of the main problems that has been with this wall (apart from no foundations) was that there was no drainage from a drain pipe so it just flooded the patio area up top before it saoked away that issue has now been resloved so it's on with the next step re building it.

my own thought were to dig out as much as possible i.e 2 or 3 ft from the wall put some shutter boads up pile in some re-enforcing bar into the ground fill with concrete then ?????? Hmmmmmmm what should be the next step take the wall down then block work it or what as I have said any thoughts are more than welcome

Hipplew

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back