Help wanted for my dead B&D grinder

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Had a similar problem with an angle grinder so I bypassed the switch and put a bog standard light switch into the lead. Crude but effective.

Why so ? Simply a tool with a switch in a different place.
Now the circular bench saw I once had that came with a lead with a plug at both ends........

Unfortunately I don't have a brain, so what exactly is the problem with putting a switch somewhere else?

Yep Lola, it's perfectly acceptable right up to the point of needing to switch off the grinder in a hurry, say when a bit of cutting disc is embedded in you..

It is acceptable in some parts of the world to simply twist bare wires together to form an extension lead too..

Ignoring the point I never had a problem the switch was only a couple of inches from the original position.
Funnily enough I have a Mikita 5" angle grinder and find the switch on those to be poor , they easily become stiff with dust and crap .

Well if your Makita grinder is difficult to switch off then it makes sense to have it repaired or replaced....You can argue all you like but it doesn't stop our advice being the correct course..The NHS has nothing better to do than patch up idiots

Sponsored Links
Back