Help! Where do water proofing and insulation need to go?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Currently having men working on roof - wanting to leave - i.e. paid off!
Have searched site and cannot find the answer. They started off putting water proof layer and insulation layer under clay tiles directly. Last night I noticed an area that had not been done at all - just bare roof tiles and pointed it out to them ( it's not easy to see or access). After mutters they said they would put the water proofing up there - but would not take off the tiles - i.e. the water proofing will only be fixed to the rafters. I am worried this is not satisfactory.
Also - can the insulation layer be just laid onto the top of the concrete ( I think ) ceiling - i.e. "floor" of the roof space - it is a type of glass wool? Would be so grateful if any help as have never done this sort of job before.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Waterproof membrane is fixed over the rafters and under the tile batten.
fixing it retrospectively in the attic is pathetic.

Insulation in your roofspace would normally consist of glass/mineral wool laid between and over the rafters to achieve a minimum of 240mm depth.

Thats if i have deciphered your post correctly :rolleyes: .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back