help where has my leak come from?????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Glow Worm condenser boiler located in converted garage.
Came into the room tonight to discover water under the boiler but cant find any wet any where from boiler above. And there is currently now drips either.
Checked outside and the outlets are clear??

Any ideas???

Sponsored Links
Haven't got the crystal ball to hand sorry.

I'm guessing any water component within the boiler, or possible water getting in from the outside down the flue?

Thanks for reply John, apologies I guess it is a bit vague.
Just odd no leaks now, maybe ice in pipe coming back???

is it a combi boiler, if so is the pressure still up around the 1 bar mark?or is it low?
is the condense pipe running to the outside if so is it running freely or maybe its frozen in this weather and backing up depending on how its connected under the boiler it could be that that has leaked?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for reply
It's a glow worm condensing boiler with the flue pipe running directly behind to the outside wall. the condense pipe sits outside directly underneath the flue pipe, copper pipe running up to the underside of the boiler. Everything is bone dry in the house and can't locate where it may have come from...

I guess I'll put it down to something connected with the extreme weather temperature and keep checking it.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back