Help with a Videx GSM Intercom gate opener

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, looking for any help with an installation of this Videx into an existing Daitem Gate Command Module.

The Videx sends a relay signal to the Daitem if the gate needs to open.

This relay signal time can be set to 0 to 99.

My quesiton is what value should I use? Short, like 1 to 5, or long like 90 to 99?

If short would the gate just open a bit then stop, or open fully then stop?

And if long would the gate open, pause then shut?

(The gate can do either via the remote; 0 = open and shut, 1 = just open (or just shut).

Appreciate any help, I have no experience in kit like this! Thankyou

Sponsored Links
depends on the gate controller settings if its set to auto a single pulse of 2 seconds is fine but if its set on button control eg press end hold button untill open ( dont think it will be) you would have to time gate open time.

Excellent thankyou.

I have no idea what it's set to, so I suppose I'll just have to experiment with different relay times to see what happens.

if it is on 'auto' and it gets the single pulse, do you think it would open and close or just open?

same again depends on gate controller do you have fobs ? what do they do ? fully automatic opens pauses then closes from single pulse semi opens on pulse closes on pulse

Sponsored Links
The Daitem controller will accept a single pulse from the videx, but best is a 4 second "pulse" on it.
The gate controller will respond to this in the way it is set up.

So either open/stop/close
open
close last two dependant on the gate state of opening

Why not have the Videx directly into the gate operator, I assume your using Came or FACC ( Or NICE, hell the list is endless :D) Came and FAAC give excellent diagrams for interfacing with Videx.
Personally I favour Came and Comelit but there you go......expensive stuff!

If you tell me what your running for gate operators, I can tell you what to put where and what timers to use.

PS Why are you using a Daitem controller with Videx and a gate operator?

Basically, the old Daitem RF and keypad system has died and we needed a new way to control the gates, so we got the Videx. The range was extreme at 300m, so GSM seemed the way to go.

The remote fobs do still work; 0 opens and closes, and 1 just opens (then push again to close).

So the Daitem RF box and keypad are going in the bin and Videx takes their place.

I have no idea what Came or FACC are!

I am just planning to run a 4 strand wire from the Videx into the Daitem controller (60cm tall alu semi-round tower with orange light on top containing rechargable battery and supplied by 15VAC from nearby gatehouse (not the main house)).

2 wires to bring power to the Videx from the Daitem (which converts the 15VAC to 13.8VDC), and 2 wires to send the relay signal from the Videx to the Daitem, (although the Videx has 3 posts at the relay, NO, NC and C, I think).

Does that sound about right?

I can try a 4 second pulse and see what happens, but if I need to adjust the way the Daitem is set up, I'm in trouble as I have no technical instructions for it at all!

This is a photo of the business part of the Daitem.

For the lower row;

From left;

Blue/black = input power (seems to be 15V AC, odd?)
Red/black = unit power = 13.8V DC
small brown/grey = power for keypad etc was taken off here
small red/white = not sure
small green/yellow = think this is where Daitem receives signal to open
red/black x 2 = power out to gate motors

For the upper row, not sure, but think it is control for the gate motors, eg. stops them if infra red beam is broken, etc.

Thats the wiring diagram for the main unit.

The top as you say will be the commands. The white wire link will be a total/emergency stop, so leave that in place or everything stops working :D

Get wire link, old bit of cable, conductor showing at both ends and short out the first pair, see what happens. You are looking for a open, stop. wait, close, stop action, thats the one to link to the videx.
Or there will be a stop, open,stop,close,stop thats one touch control if you do not want automatic closure.

That should be that.
The range of 300 mtrs is the max Daitem say possible in optimum conditions so your doing well there. I have managed 560 mts ( Hade tech on site and they were well impressed. Its all to do with height with this. Although one site we could not get signal anywhere. (Next door to Fire Brigade and Ambulance Headquarters, think they were bleeding over everything) I digress.

Your relay from Videx is N/C and C that is needed.

Came and Facc are other makes of gate controllers.

Hope that helps.

Thanks again.

Wired it up today, but no joy. Here's what I did;

1. Connected my green and yellow wires to C and NC on the Videx. Then connected them up to the Daitem where you see the green and yellow (posts 9 and 10). Just doing this triggered the gate to shut, then whilst getting the wire in properly, it then opened. Nothing more.

2. Then connected power (using posts 3 and 4) (5 and 6 are now empty) to the Videx, which seems to function correctly. The keypad programs OK and sends a signal when you put the right code in. However, the Daitem now seems 'dead' - it won't open or close. I tried swapping wires (green/yellow) and NC for NO, but no effect other than it makes the orange light flash continuously. Also, the remotes no longer work (they did yesterday!)

The wiring diagram you posted doesn't really correspond to mine - I'm not sure what post 7 and 8 do for example (red/white cable).

Help! I am now officially stuck!

(By the way, the only reason I attempted this was that a friend said it would be easy - just a few wires to connect...........!

Sounds like you disturbed that white wire link at the top, it is a TOTAL STOP EMERGENCY function. Put the link back in it should all work.

Just to conclude this thread - I should have wired into posts 5 and 6, not 9 and 10.

Had to get the Daitem man round to breathe life back into the Daitem which had gone into shutdown mode, and then all was well.

Videx works great now.

Thanks for help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back