help with bathroom ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just had my bathroom ceiling skimmed and have painted with two coats of Dulux trade supermatt (thinned 3 parts paint to 1 part water). Once done there was a noticable bit in the middle that wasn't smooth (stripey bits), so I sanded back to the plaster, smoother it and repainted that part. Problem is I can now see the edge of the area where I've sanded although the paint used is the same and I did smooth it. I'm now not sure what course of action I should take. I had intended to put on two coats of a kitchen/bathroom paint once the undercoats were done, but I think I should sort out this issue now rather than hoping the top coats just cover it up. Any professional painters have any advice please?

Sponsored Links
Hi, sanding new plaster makes it become more porous and thus it will soak up more paint. Assuming you have the desired smooth finish you require all you need to do is put more coats of paint to cover the marks and get it to look just like the rest.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back