Help with chalky residue on walls? (pics)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all hope somebody can help me here. Long story short we recently had a disaster where a grinder had been used inside our house and coated everything in cement dust. I have cleaned the house top to bottom. Including hoovering and wiping down the walls. When I run my fingers along the ceiling or walls they are chalky and I'm not sure if this is dust or simply the paint coming away? I know the coloured paint used on the walls is Dulux Matt Emulsion from B&Q.

Any help or advice much appreciated.

AFWkExV.jpg

pEaT3O6.jpg

Sponsored Links
I have Dulux matt emulsion (from 2001) and that leaves a chalky dust when you touch it.

Thanks for your response. I am beginning to think it is the paint. These walls have been painted 2 years but there is a similar thing happening with our newly painted walls but to a lesser degree (same paint).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back