Help with door contact on a Pyronix Euro Mini panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Im a bit stuck with trying to get a door contact to work on an EOL config on a Pyronix/Castle Euro Mini Panel.

I have programmed the panel to use 4k7 for alarm and 2k2 for tamper...seems to work fine with the PIR's i've tested (although they have the pre-wired jumpers in them)

wEgPO0fcj.jpg

If it's displaying (www.pasteboard.co/wEgPO0fcj.jpg), the above photo is how i've wired it. I've taken everything else off the panel. Apart from Z1 (set to intruder for testing) all other zones are set as unused.

So, I have put a 4k7 alarm resister over the two silver contacts. The other silver contact goes to COM in the panel
Theres a 2k7 resister on a single silver contact (shared with the 4k7) with the other side going to Z1 in the panel via the brass screw

Panel comes up with no faults and arms properly. When I remove the reed switch from the magnet it does not set the alarm off or activate the entry timer...it just stays set.

The reed switch is working fine as I tested continuity.

Have I done something stupid? I've tried new resistors and wired it up several times!

Please help

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 307
Sponsored Links
Swap the resistors over. 2k2 should go across the silver connections

I just gave that a go and it's causing a fault. I've uploaded part of the diagram in the manual...it does look like it's the 4k7 over the contacts. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20170210_135350108.jpg
    IMG_20170210_135350108.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 1,022
Looks ok are you sure the reed is not stuck ?
Go to diagnostics / view inputs
It will show if ok c for clear o for open f for fault
Press d and it should give you the resistance for zone one
Just one thing if I am correct IF the jumper above zone one has fallen off you will have issues with zone one

Sponsored Links
Looks ok are you sure the reed is not stuck ?
Go to diagnostics / view inputs
It will show if ok c for clear o for open f for fault
Press d and it should give you the resistance for zone one
Just one thing if I am correct IF the jumper above zone one has fallen off you will have issues with zone one

Thanks - I have just tried that. With the magnet away from the sensor im getting 2.7k with the magnet on the sensor (i.e. closed circuit) im getting 2.2k?

The DP jumper is intact. I even tried wiring this contact into Zone 2 with the same issue. I've got another new contact to try now just in case....but I checked the continuity lots of times and it was working perfectly on this one.

Cheers

To cut a very long story short, I dont know how but half of the 4k7 resistors they supplied me with in the new panel were faulty! The 2.2 ones were fine. I started testing them all with the multimeter after I was getting strange results in the panel diagnostics. I put in some working ones and the door contact works fine. Unbelievable (and a bit worrying if resistors are prone to failure like that)

Thanks for the replies, I might be back with something new soon :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back