Help with driveway crossing and highways

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had a driveway build a couple of years ago and highways have told us its built wrong, we own the land right up to the edge of the road, but highways chap has said the line should be 2 metres, we built it at 1 metre, so he wants us to knock down 1 metre of the retaining wall, whats going to hold the soil back after that ?, remove 1 metre of the block driveway and replace with tarmac as well as fitting a drain leading to a soak away even though were on clay so it will never work, the wall is only 1 metre high and I thought you could build a wall to within a metre of the highway as long as it was not over a metre high, who's going to gain if its all changed, my architect chap just goes on what highways says and he keeps going on about the highways act 1980, is this right as there's a few walls like mine elsewhere, but there not interested in there's just mine, any idea's or I'm I stuffed, thanks

Sponsored Links
I don't really follow your thread, it just reads like a rant. Care to simplify and maybe add a photo?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back