help with solid fuel appliances doing DHW to cylinder with limited space.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The basics.
Two solid fuel appliances, one a lounge stove the other wood fired cooker. Both with water jackets.
My knowledge tells me I need indirect vented cylinder with two coils, but I have not much space for a conventional vertical. Ideally I should like a solar store. It is a renovated cattle shed with no loft space, as it is almost a flat roof.
So I have height issues installing tanks etc.
I would like to place a cylinder or heat store on the floor in a utility room but this would not allow for a gravity feed and I think I cant/shouldn't pump from the solid fuel appliance's, they should gravity feed.
So if I need to install a cylinder above the stoves it will have to be a horizontal vented type, and I cant actually see any vented types on line.
I know I can get cylinders made to my requirements but I just wondered if horizontal vented are possible or are there any other options.
I am installing a Ground Source Heat Pump, but I intend for that to only satisfy the UFH so it will not be connected to DHW.
We will also have photovoltaic panels so that the excess summer elec could heat cylinder for DHW when wood stoves are not on.
Any advice or suggestions would be great.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back