Help with thermostat wiring Sunvic tlx 2251

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone please explain the wiring on my old thermostat.
I would like to replace it with a modern Salus wired controller (don't know which yet)
I don't see the need in using a wireless system so I'm just going to replace the control with a modern wired unit.
Currently the boiler has the 7 day programmer inbuilt, how to I tell the boiler to ignore itself and take instructions from the salus, I have a Ferroli F30 boiler

thanks
Stephen

image003.jpg image004.jpg image005.jpg

Sponsored Links
Edit to correct mistakes :oops::
Any battery operated room thermostat will work with this boiler, there are 2 connections, but they are hidden in the photos. If you want a digital, programmable one, this one from Honeywell is good. Sunvic make good reliable stats, in my opinion Salus would be a bit of a downgrade, though the Honeywell is a bit more expensive!

Last edited:
Currently the boiler has the 7 day programmer inbuilt, how to I tell the boiler to ignore itself and take instructions from the salus, I have a Ferroli F30 boiler.

If you are going for a new programmable thermostat you just need to set the boiler programmer to permanently ON, then the new thermostat has full control of the schedule.

Sponsored Links
thank you for the advice, I'll remone the Sunvic on Wednesday to see the wiring behind it and update the thread if I don't understand
thanks

I went ahead and bought sunstat and removed my old SunVic but I don't understand how to wire the new sunstat. I have a blue and brown coming from the wall and don't know how to connect them to the sunstat, could you please give me some guidance
thanks

image001.jpg image002.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back