help with wiring a room thermostat to a combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About 12 months ago i managed to mess up the wiring of a room thermostat and fry the receiver UNit. Just worked up the courage to get att he job again. The wiring diagrams in the Horstmann booklet, 'volt free' instalation...? confuse me.
The diagrams refer to the same connectors by different names. Specific questions:
I will be connecting the receiver to a seperately fused 230v wall outlet that is available. Is this correct or do I need to run the power from the boiler?
I need to remove the conector between points 3 & 4 in the boiler and then link these to the recevier Unit. Which connectors in the reciver Unit go to which point in the boiler? THe diagrams do not make any sense.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
DO NOT USE A SEPARATE POWER SUPPLY

What boiler is it?

Without wanting to sound rude, this seems a little beyond your skill set. Why not pay a pro?

I'm only home at weekends and wife works so getting an electrician round is always an evening or weekend expense epic. I'm hoping that with a bit of help I can get this sorted once and then the missus won't leave the heating on at max for the next 5 months.
Back of the receiver look like this:

I just need to know which wire goes in where. THe wiring diagram is not clear:

I am planning on using the image on page 9 - I am not using volt free (?)
It looks like I need to run the live into the same 'L' slot that the bridge is currently in.

Any advice would be really useful.

THe 203v live & neutral
[/img]

Sponsored Links
Boiler is a valiant Ecotech. THe wiring instructions are:
So the plan is to:
Take the red bridge out of the back of the receiver to enable volt free application,
Take the bridge out that runs between 3 & 4 terminals on the boiler.
WIre the reciever to the 230 v supply in the "L" and "N" on the bottom of the reciever.
Connect terminal 4 in the boiler to the "L.IN" on the receiver, then connect terminal 3 on the boiler to the "SL(on)" terminal on the receiver.

Is this right?

Thank you so much for any help you can give. It is much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back