Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there, I am desperately seeking some info on a possible solution to my problem with this boiler. My boiler is around 2/3 years old and until now has been fine. I am now getting no hot water but I a getting heating through radiators. I have done some digging and found that the diverter valve most likely will be the issue but trying to get an engineer to come out has been a nightmare, my wife and little one are having to go and stay with family until it's fixed.
What I would like to know is .....can I do this myself ?.

Hopefully someone can help

Sponsored Links
You're almost certainly better off getting someone in to do it. If the boiler is only 2 or 3 years old, consider getting a "fixed price" (read the terms and conditions first) repair from the manufacturer, and perhaps get it serviced at the same time.

You should NOT attempt the repair yourself if it means opening any part of the boiler which normally contains gas or the products created when gas is burnt. The only safe way to deal with that is to assume you can't open the case.

It may be the diverter, but it could be a number of other things. Get someone who is qualified and knows what he / she is doing, then you'll get the boiler repaired whatever the cause (albeit perhaps at some cost), and get your family back.

Few more details of the boiler and someone may be able to help you although it would be quicker and easier and in the long run cheaper to get a RGI out to repair it for you.

If you are struggling ask family, friends or neighbours for recommendations and go from there. I'm on my phone right now so can't see the info but if you put your location on there then there may be someone close that could help you.

In the mean time, crack open a beer and enjoy the peace and quiet while the missus and little one are away! (y) Every cloud and all that...

Jon

Edit: have just seen your previous post and turns out it's an ideal logic plus.

Sponsored Links
Hi guys thanks for the replys.
I really have no desire to attempt any repair s on the boiler at all but as I said, finding an engineer to come out has been a nightmare.
It is an IDEAL LOGIC PLUS COMBI.
I live in Kilbirnie, Scotland

I have seen a video on how to replace the valve and it looks easy enough but still, I would rather have a qualified engineer look at it as it might not be a diverter valve.

logic plus comes with a 7 year warranty, provided you have had it serviced annually, even if you haven't might be worth giving them a call anyway.

I think it will be under warranty but the fitter who installed it still has the book from when he done the 1st service, said he would stamp it and bring it back.....
It's not had a 2nd service yet so it might unvalidate the warranty

if the guy who installed, also services it, give him a call explain the situation, pay him to service it to keep the log up to date and then give ideal a call. That will be the best solution and most cost effective.

He hasn't answers his phone since 15/11/2014 when he services it haha, I've been trying to get him but still no answer.

I dont really know your capabilities but its usually just unscrew it with the cold water isolation off and clear any debris off the turbine.

I'm good with DIY, mechanic to trade. Do you know where this part is located ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back