1. We are pleased to announce the 'Home Automation' forum. Click here to get involved!

Henderson Hardware Door Closer Adjustment

Discussion in 'Windows and Doors' started by bothyhead, 25 Feb 2009.

1. bothyhead

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I have a Henderson Hardware 600 series door closer, and need to increase the latching speed. There are two adjustment screws, one for the closing speed, and the other for the latching speed. Unfortunately, neither is marked, so I don't know which is which. I have it configured as Clockwise Push Open.

Many Thanks

2. yandownie

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    if your unsure which is which then screw one of the adjusters in by increments of 1/2 turn at a time (clockwise) and see what happens.it will either slow down the main speed or the latching speed thus telling u which is which
    dont use trial and error by undoing the adjuster as on some closers if you go too far the oil can leak out the adjuster screw

3. bothyhead

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yup, I found that out already :D

I will try what you suggested. Many thanks.

4. woodywomble

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Whoops! If oil has already leaked out, then it may be curtains for this particular door closer :( .

It's a sealed system, and cannot be re-filled. The adjustment screws can be easily over-tightened or over-loosened, the worst thing is using a power screwdriver on them - like has been said they only need a gentle quarter or half turn at a time.

Don't know what make it is, but I found this video on Geze's which might help: http://www.