Henley block

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

With regards to Henley block , has anyone ever installed these into the service providers enclosure, by this i mean that the supply head is inside an encluse on the outside of the house along with the meter and 100A isolating switch.

Looking to split the tails and supply a feed to a second mini-CU as the existing CU is full.

Rgds

Carp

Sponsored Links
officially, nothing is supposed to be on the supplier's board except their cutout and their meter.

however they do not mind:

MET

Henleys

Main switch

Note that if you have Henleys your main switch should be between them and the meter so it cuts off the entire installation.

the new CU is notifiable work.

You may find they seal the main switch and the henleys even though you supplied them. not worth arguing about.

I had a Henley service block fitted between the CU('s) and the Main isolator switch not so long ago.

I did originally have a genuine Henley service block, but during the rework found that it was a little difficult to get the tails to fit into and the lid fastened down properly even though the tails were only 16mm. Screwfix sell a service block that is physically bigger and far more accomodating than the Henley branded item, even though i know they are the industry standard...

Sponsored Links
Why not mount the block near the existing CU?

Well the reason i want to mount the henley in the service enclosure is pretty much for neatness, the existing CU is on the inside wall and the meter tails are fed directly through the wall into the back of the CU.

Rgds

Carp

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back