henry hoover smoking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, my wifes old henry hoover started to smoke this morning accompanied by a burning smell. anyway i dismantled henry and found the problem was related to the red 2 square pin socket which is next to the on/off rocker switch. i traced the wiring back and found that the socket is 'piggy-backed' to the on/off switch so removed it as we've never used it, henry is now working fine so my question is what is the purpose of this 2 pin socket? anyone enlighten me?

Sponsored Links
You can get a powered rotating brush for the end of the hose. It plugs in to this red socket.

hi ya when you took out the 2 pin switch was it the square part with the 2 leads to the on switch and then 2 leads to the 2 pin socket that you took out as our henry as just done the same thing and had a a look and there is a square thing not sure what ? that as blown hole in it . so do I take this out and wires to the 2 pin ?

Sponsored Links
From memory all I did was remove the 2 wires that went from the on/off switch to the red 2 pin socket as it was this socket which was getting hot and smoking. These 2 wires as far as I remember were connected to the on/off switch by spade connections so was a simple job just to pull these off and make them electrically safe. BTW henry is still going strong.
Is the "square thing" you mention part of or attached to the 2 pin socket?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back