HEPV0 - any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been around for a while, heard of them, but never tried one.

Thins like the BC 38mm air test scare me with these fitted, also do they still self close in years to come if residues ends up down the pipe?

The fact you don't need to use an AAV with these interests me though!

Anyone had problems or good experiences with these?

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/hepv0-self-sealing-waste-442-8311

Sponsored Links
I have one on a basin which isn't used a lot, one or two weeks in between (downstairs WC) and it is always "self closed" when used. Family now know how to clear it with a cable tie hidden discretely but it's no fun when friends are in and complain about a choked basin. It's been like this since new.

What is this about clearing it with a cable tie? Is it required each time you use it?

It needs cleared each time it is used, which isn't very often. Maybe if it was used more regularly it would be ok.

Sponsored Links
Been around for a while, heard of them, but never tried one.

Thins like the BC 38mm air test scare me with these fitted, also do they still self close in years to come if residues ends up down the pipe?

The fact you don't need to use an AAV with these interests me though!

Anyone had problems or good experiences with these?

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/hepv0-self-sealing-waste-442-8311[/QUOTE]

These Durex traps are cr.p mate, don't use them. The soapy water sticks them together, we had one on a bath we fitted, total nightmare getting into it every two weeks!!!

What's the biggest laff; under G3 you can fit them on a UVC blow-off...............Crazy people that make these rules, just cause you got letters after your name doesn't stop you from being a moron!!

Difficult to comment on the other poster's bad experiences as I've had several fitted for what must be over 7 years now and never had a single problem with any of them - no failures, blockages, cleaning required etc.

Based on my own experience I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them, particularly when faced with any 'awkward' plumbing situations which might otherwise limit available options..

Mathew

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back