Hewlett Packard won't take no for an answer!

M

mysteryman

How do I stop Hewlett Packard sending me requests to make changes to my computer? It is driving both of us MAD! We keep on doing exactly what they say, it never works, the printer is working fine. How do we stop them?

Sponsored Links
Well, it disappeared that same day, maybe because of my post on here, or maybe because of my two very curtly worded responses to their question: "How did we do?"

It was not emails, there were icons flashing all the time, and sometimes a window would open as we booted up, and we had to close this and open up what we wanted quickly before their window opened again.

It was exceedingly irritating.

Sponsored Links
Try right click on icon - properties and look for a tab 'Shortcut' in there should be a target url to the program.

Uninstall the program.

Tried right clicking. It just goes into the same procedure, and will not take 'no' for an answer. The printer is working fine so I don't want to uninstall. Their sodding window keeps opening in the middle of the screen at times.

OK Try:

Start > Run enter 'msconfig'.

Box will appear click 'Startup' tab. In the list is there a file HPWuSchd2? If so un-tick box. Click 'Apply' 'OK'

Also look in Control Panel for a program called 'HP Update' and un-install it

Sponsored Links
Back