hi all

I like the thermal sleeves solution. Is there anything out there that allows a timber deck to be fixed on top of the insulation without cold bridging?

Sponsored Links
I like the thermal sleeves solution. Is there anything out there that allows a timber deck to be fixed on top of the insulation without cold bridging?

PU Adhesive. Most insulation systems are now bonded in PU. if you are using a TR range of PUR it will take a PU fine. If you are using a T & G deck , even better. This applies only to liquid PU, do not use the Foam due to the need to lay labourers on boards until it cures !

Xenon";p="2812796 said:
do not use the Foam due to the need to lay labourers on boards until it cures !

Ha ha. Can't afford to have labourers doing that!

We only use tongue and groove OSB3. It gives a nice smooth surface to stick our rubber down onto. That is one thing I hate about Epdm. It's so skinny you do notice board lips or if you are installing the stuff near a tree on a windy day then its a constant battle to keep the "bits" off the roof! I usually arm one of my labourers with Boris (our resident vacuum cleaner).

Never tried it but what about floating decks that are just glued together. I'd imagine they would play havoc with base tie in and upstands.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back