Hibiscus flowering guidance.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Hibiscus plant in the house that flowered once but not since.
It has buds on to now and I would like to know where is the best position for it to flower?
The label with the plant says:-
"Full sunlight but avoid bright sunlight"
Anyone know what that means???

Henry. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
"Full sunlight but avoid bright sunlight".....lol

That might be an indictment on British weather.

Hope you have a position in your garden that fits this description.

I think it might need to be outside.

If im wrong (and it is not hardy to our British climate) it will need as much light as your house can offer.

Take a few cuttings and if it goes pear-shaped you will have insurance.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/plants/plantprofile_hibiscus.shtml#problem_solver

Many thanks for the advice and a great link!

Henry. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I have one outside, it's quite woody, flowers every year and seeds babies some of which flower in different colours.

I dug it up once to build a fence, thought it was dead, cut it well back and poked it back into the soil. I pay no attention to it except to hack it back sometimes.

It is shielded from the sun by being in a corner, but in now higher than the fence or the wall.

Sponsored Links
Thanks John.
I thought mine was just for indoors - too tender?
The variety is 'Zaragossa'

Henry.

JohnD said:
I have one outside, it's quite woody, flowers every year and seeds babies some of which flower in different colours.

I dug it up once to build a fence, thought it was dead, cut it well back and poked it back into the soil. I pay no attention to it except to hack it back sometimes.

It is shielded from the sun by being in a corner, but in now higher than the fence or the wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back