High Boiler operating Pressure - Alpha CB24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler - Alpha CB24 combi
Fuel - Gas

Over the past few weeks i have noticed the operating pressure going into the red on the pressure dial - 3 to 3.25 bar.

Temperature set on the boiler is 6 out of 10.

The only thing that has changed recently is the addition of a new single convector radiator (620x1600mm), BTU approx just over 5000. The system was refilled and air removed without issue.

As mentioned before these rather high pressures were present before the addition of the new radiator but in the last couple of days since the radiator addition the operating pressure has shot up.

The hot water doesn't always work when the hot water is switched on. you have to turn the tap on an off a few times before the boiler kicks in and heats the water.

Suppose the good news is that the pressure release valve is working as water is coming out the overflow pipe from the boiler outside.

I also drained some water off the system, about 2 inches in the bucket - this was a strange tea (with milk) like colour.

What could be causing this high operating pressure please?

Hope I've given enough detail, if not then please ask me for more.

Many thanks,
Mike

Sponsored Links
Look at pressure issues and expansion vessels in the FAQs. Does the pressure rise occur constantly or just when the system is heating up?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back