High-build masonary wall paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to repaint our house soon. Its about 15 years old, and is rendered onto concerete blocks.

In some areas there are cracks in the render, that I would like to disguise.

Are there any good paints that are quite thick and would cover up minor cracks in the render?

Thanks
Tim

Sponsored Links
Hi Tim, if you try and paint over the cracks without filling them, they will always show as cracks through the paint and most likely will open up again as moisture and changes in temperature will open the cracks again.

Get yourself a bag of 'toupret' masonry filler 'touprelith' and this will sort your cracks in the walls. Order it online if you have no local supplier.
Its fine if the walls are a little damp and best not to fill if it has a very hot sun on the walls, wait until its back in the shade.
Don't mix too much of the filler in one go, only enough for about 10 minutes work as it dries fairly quick anyway.
Then paint away with either a sandtex or dulux exterior paint in a smooth or textured finish depending on how you want it to look.

Thanks for your reply, it was very detailed!

I will try to fill the cracks, although they are so small it will be hard, so I guess i will need to rake them out a bit, to make the filler stick?

Rough finish Sandex will probably be my paint of choice.

Thanks
Tim

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back