High gloss

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, new to the forum. I am painting a front door and want it to look as glossy as is possible. I am using dulux weathershield black gloss, does anyone have any tips on how to increase the "shininess" of the paint to give it that 10 Downing Street look.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
More thin coats are better than less thick coats. A flat off in between coats with wet'n'dry using water will make the surface even smoother. The blackest gloss you will find is "Valspar" now owned by Akzo Noble , i think.
The Downing street door is not wood, its a bomb proof steel door, hence the shine.

Sponsored Links
Another important thing to remember with regard to the colour black is that it absorbs heat, it is not unknown for it to aquire a semi solid state when exposed to both high and prolonged levels of uv.

Therefore if your door is in anyway subject to the above perhaps black would not be the best choice.

Dec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back